Creative launches Sound Blaster JAM
Creative Technology Ltd recently launched its Sound Blaster® JAM, a lightweight and portable Bluetooth headset which the company says possesses a long battery life. The headset can also serve as a pair of Sound Blaster audio-enhanced headphones when connected to a laptop via USB.
The Sound Blaster JAM supports Bluetooth 4.1 audio streaming, allowing users to wirelessly communicate and stream audio content from their devices. Additionally, the headset features Near Field Communication (NFC) wireless connectivity for one-touch pairing. The headset’s lightweight design, ear cushions, long battery life and user friendly controls on the earcup enable hands-free voice communication, music playback, movie viewing and mobile gaming. The device has Neodymium drivers along with a built-in microphone with noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation abilities to enhance voice clarity on Bluetooth-enabled phone calls.
Creative says users can connect the Sound Blaster JAM via USB to a computer to listen to clear uncompressed digital audio playback and while enjoying Sound Blaster’s SBX Pro Studio™ enhancement for music, movies and games. The SBX Pro Studio suite of audio technologies, such as Surround, Crystalizer, Bass, Smart Volume and Dialog Plus, allow users to customize the headphones’ audio settings. SBX Surround increases and expands the virtual surround spaciousness, providing realistic surround sound, while the SBX Crystalizer restores details and expands the dynamic range of audio.
Creative says the following are key features of the Sound Blaster JAM:
- Designed with lightweight materials that minimise bulk and increase comfort and mobility.
- Ergonomic soft ear cushions.
- High-performance Neodymium drivers capable of handling frequency response of 20Hz ~ 20kHz.
- The Sound Blaster JAM is designed and tuned by the Sound Blaster team.
- Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC wireless technology.
- Up to 12 hours* wireless playback or talktime
- One-tap BASS enhancement button on earcup
- Built into the earcup are the main controls for the headset power, volume, Bluetooth connection, audio play/pause and calls, providing a remote control over the user’s phone.
- USB port with advanced Sound Blaster processing for charging and digital audio.
- Built-in noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation microphone for phone calls.
- The company says that actual battery life will vary with use and volume settings.
Creative says the Sound Blaster JAM Bluetooth headset is priced at Rs. 3,499/- and will be available for purchase online at Amazon India, Flipkart and Snapdeal from end of May 2015 onwards.
Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards, Creative says it is now driving digital entertainment with audio solutions, premium wireless speakers, wireless headphones and portable media devices. The company’s proprietary technologies, innovative hardware, applications and services leverage the Internet.