Zoomcar Brings Revolution in Car Rental Services
Zoomcar has been selected by Techspirit as the most promising and innovative car rental services in India. Zoomcar which was launched in India in 2013 has been growing exponentially bringing about a revolution in car rental services.
Car rental services has brought about a win-win situation for both users as well as the owners. Working towards providing an easy solution to the existing transportation problem in cities, Zoomcar which was launched in India in 2013 has been growing exponentially bringing about a revolution in car rental services.
Zoomcar, a Bengaluru-based startup which was launched in India by US nationals Greg Moran and David Back is believed to be the first self drive car rental company in India. It wasn’t a one day task but Zoomcar was launched following an extensive ground research. Zoomcar’s first operations was launched in Bengaluru with seven cars initially. After which the services has been growing.
Currently its services are operational across seven cities (Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai,Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune and Chandigarh) with price range varying between Rs 95 per hour to Rs 250 per hour and a total fleet of over 2,000 cars. During February 2015, a total of 50 Nano cars were added to its fleet in partnership with Tata Motors.
Ever since its launch Zoomcar has been able to raise funding from several investors and are now planning to enter Tier 2 cities with adding more fleet of cars. Meanwhile the launch of Zoomcar app proved to be highly beneficial and it has been said that about 50% of their bookings are done through the app.
Adding more features to the services provided, Zoomcar now has a doorstep services where the cars are delivered to their customers at their doorstep.
How it works?
- Once you login to the Zoomcar website, you can decide the duration, location, and car type.
- Upload your driver’s license, pay the small security deposit and your booking is confirmed.
- You will receive a SMS with your car’s number plate 20 minutes before your booking starts. Unlock it via the Zoomcar app or SMS.
- Fill the checklist on the Zoomcar app or by calling us. Grab the keys in the glove-box, then you are ready for the drive.
- Bring the car back to the same location, and fill the return checklist to end your booking.